Saturday, April 6, 2013

How to Better Understand Different Types of Social Media?


As an independent artist, I use a lot of social media to promote my music. I've spent a lot of time doing research and now I put together a list of "tools" you can use to promote yourself. Here are different type of social media: 
  • Social Networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
  • Bookmarking 
  • Social News 
  • Microblogging 
  • Blogs 
  • Review Sites 
  • E-commerce
  • Communities 
  • Educational Sites 
  • Podcasting 
  • Niche social networks 
  • Social search 
  • Content sharing: Photo Sharing Video Sharing Social Q&A

I'm also in process of putting together a list of sites that you should be registered on if you are an independent musician. It will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment