Friday, July 13, 2012

How to Build Your Own Recording Studio?



So for the longest time I've been running from the idea of building my own studio. Since I live in Hollywood, and this place is crawling with producers and engineers, I thought the best way to go was to rent out studio time and get all my tracks mixed and mastered in the same place. This being my state of mind because I don't know my way around the studio equipment all that well yet. However, if you spend enough time networking in Hollywood, you'll quickly find that most starving artist like myself are just starting out and don't have the resources to hold a stable living situation let alone build a studio, So I guess I'll invest in myself. Today I received this MXL 990 microphone in the mail, it's officially the first peace to what will soon be my own studio. The microphone was originally priced at $199.99 but paid only $59.99 at  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/  they have great deals and a speedy shipping process.
I'll try and keep u filled in as I get peace by peace until I'm up and recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment