Thursday, August 9, 2012

Who Is Antoine Edmonson?



It's crazy how time flies when your young, ambitious, and on your grind. It was back in 2005 when I first met Antoine Edmonson. I was a freshman at the university of Cincinnati, it was my first day on campus and my whole family had just left after a proud celebration of both laughter and tears. I was extremely excited at the time, so I decided to walk up and down the dorm room halls and greet all my peers. The very first person I met was a kid from Dayton, OH, who we called "Ace". Ace was a quiet playboy and turned out to be one of my best friends at this time. Ace was best friends with Antoine, so I met him first through this connection. He lived in a different building and did his thing in different circles, so me and Antoine would only brush shoulders occasionally at the club or at a frat party. We always seem to have this mutual respect thing going on between us.This dude was always polished, it was almost like a friendly competition. We where all kinda the same and into the same things. Whether it was said or not, back then, it was all about being fly and having new shoes, clothes, and girls. This is just my perspective, of course, but whatever the case my be Antoine was always somebody that I looked up to and thought was headed in the right direction. Fast forward a few years (2008), I'm in LA really just beginning my journey and I reconnected with Antoine again. This time he's out here as well making big moves as the rapper Wally Vega, which I thought was a crazy dope rap name but at some point he must have decided to drop the moniker, a decision I understand and respect as well. Along the way he heard what I was doing and has giving me nothing but kind words and inspiration since day one. I think no matter what kinda music you're into, when you listen to Antoine you relate to his story.The title of his latest release is available on iTunes and is called B.O.A.T.S. thats an acronym for "based on a true story". This body of music is put together in a real amazing way and his live performances are energy packed. All the production is Grade A and sets the tone while he gives his testimonies and explains his growth into who he is now and where he sees himself in the future. His ability as a writer and a lyricist truly puts him in a lane of his own. His evident spiritual faith and high moral compass is the real reason why I chose to write about him in my second shout-out post. Antoine is a devout christian and not afraid to stand up for what he believes in. Please take your time and check out his music and connect with him across his growing social presence. Antoine, I want you to know that I'm happy for you bro. God bless you. I salute the divinity in you and hope you achieve every righteous desire in your heart.

Love This Freestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment