1. Set aside days and the perfect time for you to write your post. Preferably a time when you feel most creative. For me, it's early in the morning, so I'm committing to 6:00 AM Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
2. Pick a list of 10 to 15 main topics that's you feel will be helpful and entertaining to your readers. For Example, mine are:
- The Music I love
- Hip Hop culture
- Fashion and the swagg life style
- Social media tips for artist
- Life motivation
- Blogging and branding tips for entrepreneurs
- Faith, spirituality, and health
- The music Business
- Trending news.
3. Once you have those main topics, what you want to do is come up with as many subtopics as possible. Lets say you come up with 10 main topics and you have five subtopics for each one. That's 50 blog posts! More then enough to get you into your blogging zone.
4. Now that you've got a bunch of fresh new topics to write about, the next step is to create your own editorial calendar. Schedule in all the topics on the days you chose, as far ahead into the future as you can. This is something that I'm developing as we speak. I will say, that knowing what you will be writing about ahead of time actually saves a lot of time. You don't have to think about what you should be writing about and on the days you're not posting you can still be researching and mapping out your thoughts in preparation for your next post.
5. Here is a list of blogging styles to choose from. It's nice to be able to switch things up for your readers and give them opportunities to engage in your content.
Blog Styles that are good to use:
- Top 10
- Q &A's