Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Vegetarian Hustler...

The main thing I'm always talking about is being a Hustler. What that means to me is being willing to do whatever it takes in order to get to where it you want to be in life. As I get older and grow more focused I start to realize that being a Hustler is about a lot more the just making money and dope music or expanding my network. Being a true Hustler is about applying the mindset of wanting to do better and be better every day in every way. With that said, it's been about 9 months since I've had any meat whatsoever and I'm very proud to bring you this update.

I chose to stop eating meat because I realized how uneducated and systematically programmed I was when it came to the topic. As I became more aware of the facts, starting with the immensely vast and well documented health benefits from becoming a vegetarian and consistently eating a plant-based diet, the choice became a no-brainer. But, I still continued to eat meat for a long time before actually making the commitment to stop completely. 

I think it was when I started to become more in tune with where commercial meat actually comes from, how the animals are treated, and how slaughterhouses operate, that I became disgusted with the idea of eating animals so much to the point that I physically could not do it anymore. I'm not looking to use scare tactics in an attempt to get people to become vegetarians with this post, however I am saying that the facts are there for anyone who's interested in looking into this subject. Youtube and Netflix are packed with documentaries and interviews with experts across the board from farmers to physicians, all kinds of people coming to the conclusion that eating meat is flat out bad news. 

It's crazy how only 9 months later I can't even imagine myself eating a burger or that hot dog or pepperoni slice that I used to love so much. We don't realize how much greasy, heavy dead flesh makes us feel lethargic and disconnected as we are continually inundated with media telling us to return to our addiction, making the idea of a lifestyle change seemingly impossible. All false programs, Family.

What I'm trying to let you know is that once you break the addiction of eating meat, like many other types drugs you begin to feel more energetic, you begin to feel more like yourself and more confident in your health. You develop new taste buds and new desires for different types of food. Then, on top of all that, you get to go to go to sleep every night with a clean conscience, knowing you're doing the best you can for your body and you're saving the lives of countless creatures who have no choice but to be taken from their families and from their natural environments to be caged, tortured and eventually and slaughtered. Sounds a lot like slavery right?

No comments:

Post a Comment