Matthew 17:20 He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” (Jesus Speaking)
This post is a first from me, but it's definitely a step that I feel is in the right direction. I was very reluctant to write this because I am fully aware that the topic of God is a very touchy subject. I'm thankful however to be able to say, that I know God. I thought it was only right that I started with a scripture because I'm not a preacher but the word of God does move in my life, so I do often feel convicted to share some of my perspectives on the words God knew. So what is Faith to you? Ask yourself this question? Now, does the answer you come up with make you feel like you can move mountains and that nothing is impossible? If your answer is no, then your probably just need to add or subtract a few things in your life that will allow God to give you every righteous desire of your heart. I'll just make this easy and painless for the both of us. I'm going to map it all out in five steps.
1. Understand that fear is the killer of all faith. So in order to see ones prayers answered, he or she must start removing all fear from his or her life. Fear is nothing more than inverted faith. Faith in bad things not Faith in God. Simple right?
2. Faith is preparation. Another Bible scripture that I love is "Faith without works is dead." What pops up to me most about this is it's simplicity. A faith without words is dead. You definitely don't have to be a Jesus freak to see that. There is no way anyone can have faith, true faith, in anything if they are not preparing for their desire to manifest. The Bible also tells us that faith is the substance of things we don't see. So if faith is something we can't see, but it's dead with out works, this clearly means that faith is preparation which means, spending time thinking about the things we want to happen, spending time talking about the things we want to happen, and lastly actually doing something to open the way for God to show his face. For example, if its money you want, spend money like God has already made you rich. If its 's perfect health or love you want, find some way to make yourself feel like you have already received. Simple.
To give you a real life example, before I got my car, I used act of faith by spending time at the Mercedes Benz dealership and visualizing myself in my new car. I also bought cleaning supplies and key chains to act as if I already had the car.
3. Choose your words more carefully. Notice in the opening scripture it says "You will say to this mountain..." This clearly means that in order to move that mountain you must speak to it, or talk about it moving. This is also preparations or action or works thus giving your faith life. The Bible often talks about the power of the tongue. I feel this is one of the most important topics in life, period. If you talk about foul shit like being sick or losing your job or having bad luck, then you will. Never talk bad about yourself or others in a negative way, thus the only karma you can get is the good stuff that you send out. Be impeccable with your word. Another of my favorite saying is "Man is to only use his words for three reasons. heal.bless.multiple." Still Simple.
4. Submit to the will of God. Aka stop trying to control everything!! The trick to this is to only ask God for the things he wants you to have. Would you really want something if you knew that God didn't want you it for you? Probably not, or you wouldn't be interested in a post like this in the first place. Ask God and have faith in all the wonderful and great things he has for you let his will be done and your life will instantly change for the better. Anything you force to happen is not God. It's really easy to think it's God when it's just you trying to force you will. Simple.
5. Give thanks for and in everything you do. Simple.