Sunday, September 25, 2016

Vegetarian to Vegan - - Why?

If you have been reading my posts or following me on any of my social media platforms you know that I am a very proud vegetarian. It has been over a year since I gave up meat completely and I'm still going strong. I have touched on this topic before in previous posts so feel free to catch up with my journey here. Lately, it has been on my mind and heart to make the transition from vegetarian to vegan.


For those that don't know the difference, a Vegetarian doesn't eat meat or fish but still eats cheese, milk, eggs, and other dairy products like ice cream, sour cream, mayo etc. Someone who is Vegan does not consume any animal products at all and instead finds all the necessary nutrients from leafy greens, a variety of fruits and vegetables, legumes, whole grains, nuts and seeds. Seriously, the protein and calcium debates are really just another form of mainstream media mind control.

Anyway, back to why I'm turning Vegan. At this point my taste buds have changed enough that I know I can enjoy Vegan food and not feel like I'm missing out. I've discovered enough alternatives that are as good or better than what I was used. Since I have been eating fruits and vegetables more consistently my body has become more keen to when I eat processed foods aka "crackfood" as I call it. There is a noticable difference in how I feel after I eat fast food, junk food and cheese/dairy loaded foods.

I want to be the best I can possibly be, musically, emotionally, physically, spiritually, economically etc and I feel like a fucking zombie when I eat something that I know is poison. I mean when you really think about dairy, it just doesn't make any sense. This is a substance designed by God to develop a baby cow into an adult cow and it is beyond terrible for your human body. Fact.

My sensory reasons aside, the meat and dairy industries have a horrible impact on the planet, the environment and obviously the animals themselves and it's just not something my conscience will allow me to contribute to anymore. I'm amazed at how many people want to be healthy, try to be healthy and yet still don't know the facts about the "crack" they are eating and it's injustices. The fact of the matter is, that these processed foods and animal products are highly addictive and designed to keep us coming back for more. Obey! Consume! Buy! Conform!

But it's a lot harder than you might think to kick it all!! Reading labels, curbing cravings and breaking habits, it's a lot. So, instead I am working towards gradual change. A vegan meal here and there, an entire vegan day sometimes, and eventually it will all disappear out of my life for good. 




No comments:

Post a Comment