Wednesday, June 29, 2016

How Fuckin Dope is Curren$y And the Jet Set?

A few days ago I was lucky enough to see Curren$y (Spitta) and The Jet Life Crew perform live at Union Nightclub in Los Angeles. This experience was extra special to me because I have been a fan of Spitta's since about 2010 when I heard his "Where The Cash At" verse on a Lil Wayne mixtape. It inspired me to search out his other material at DatPiff.com and I've been bumpin him ever since. 

I became incredibly inspired by his music because his content reminds me of my Uncles and older cousins. He raps about his every day life. Also, if you know anything about Curren$y, his branding skills and consistency are second to none. I have learned a lot from his strategy and will definitely be borrowing certain techniques from him and other down south rappers.

My lady and I often scan through LA WEEKLY for upcoming concerts and shows, when she pointed out Curren$y was playing there was no way I was going to miss it. The venue was cozy as fuck despite the incredible heat, the anticipation of Spitta's entrance was so thick you could feel it in the air, and the marijuana smoke was like five dudes hot boxing a Honda Civic. Obviously I felt right at home. Leading up to the main event we were surprised to see other members of the Jet Life Crew performed in the opening slots, including TY Son of a Gangsta and another of my favorite artists, Corner Boy P. They all killed it, which perfectly set the stage for Curren$y.

When he finally came out, I was immediately touched by his sheer confidence. His God Given Star Power is incredible. His stage presence is extremely sharp. I got the feeling each step, movement and gesture he made was premeditated. He left no stone un-turned performing obvious classics from his vast catalogue of music as well as new cuts and often cuing his DJ to kill the beat to flow A cappella. He engaged with the crowd as if they were his best friends, taking photos, slapping hands and puffing joints passed his way. Even though he along with everyone else in the building was dripping with sweat you could feel that everyone was having a good time.


Almost a week later I'm still buzzing with the energy that my Spirit was able to absorb from him and everybody who graced the stage that night. I know I was supposed to be there that night as I feel the momentum beginning to build in my own career. This night definitely gave me a clearer vision of what a great hip-hop show looks like. I loved it. #plssaythe513

Check it out: One of my favorite songs in life....Curren$y feat 2 Chainz - Capitol




No comments:

Post a Comment