Sunday, July 3, 2016

Music Success In 9 Weeks: WEEK 1

With my new music in production as we speak, I thought it would be a good idea to let you in on the other preparations I am making to create success. Which brings me to this awesome book that made it's way randomly into my life though a friend of a friend. It's called Music Success in 9 Weeks by Ariel Hyatt. It is a step by step guide on how to use social media and online tactics to supercharge your PR, build your fan base, and earn money with music.

When I was first given the book it sat around my apartment for over a year but I knew the time would come when I would need, it and that time is now. Each week outlines specific tasks to complete among various different categories as well as tools to use in order to keep you on track.

Week one, which I am proud to say I have completed instructed me to set goals. Goals for the next 12 months as well as lifetime goals in music and in general. The tasks involved were to get creative with goal making writing them out in bold colors and creating a vision board.

In this first chapter the author also advises to get a notebook and write down 5 small successes each day (and its suggested to continue this practice for the duration of the 9 weeks and your life) Simple things in order to keep your mind focused on the positive and stop being so self-critical.

Personally, I really enjoyed these exercises because many of the metaphysical books that I enjoy reading talk about the power of writing goals out on paper and using photos to help you visualize.
Check in with me next week for a week 2 update!

No comments:

Post a Comment